Upgrade

WordPress has updated to version 1.2.2, so I’ve just upgraded the 1.2.1 install running the weblog to the new version. After the tedious job of upgrading to 1.2.1 in October, and since I’ve increased the non-standard code by using the Gemini Template, I made use of the UNIX diff command to produce a custom patch from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 that I could then apply to a backup copy of what is on the website. Thus far I’ve only had one slight glitch, which I fixed by uploading a 1.2.2 copy of the problem file. I’ve run round most things, and it all appears to work!

I’m thinking that when the next big upgrade comes along I’ll probably have to tidy up all the files and start again, as the results of the previous upgrades and various modifications have made things a little untidy in places!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.